Sunday, December 23, 2012

Home For The Holidays 2012

A look around our home, decorated for Christmas!


Welcome!


On a completely random Sunday after church Derek and I built this tree. We had found this corrugated metal in an old barn and decided to salvage it. We had no idea what it would become. Derek thought it'd make a great "tree" for our porch so I went with it. We stained a fence post for the trunk and spray painted an old bucket for the base. We kind of love it and all of it's quirky cuteness.


When you walk in the house there is this little alcove where I some Christmas subway art and my Southern Living hurricane filled with "snow" and cranberries.


Our Santa pictures framed on the side tables with a red mercury glass votive.


Christmas magazines, my fave candle and a bowl of ornaments for the ottoman.


Sweet glitter reindeer and hurricanes with ornaments and a burlap bow anchor each end of the mantle.


A close up of our needlepoint stockings.


I was loving the burlap trend this year and made a burlap topper for our tree. I decided to go ahead and buy shatterproof ornaments now that we have a baby running around too. I also wanted to keep it simple since we'll likely get ornaments for our children as our family grows over the years. We've already got a few "baby's first Christmas" ones to add!


I'm really happy with my topper, I usually don't trust my crafty-ness enough to be front and center like this!


Here's the tree at night with a few presents underneath waiting to be unwrapped!


On the way to the kitchen we converted my writing desk into "Sugar Plum Station" a place to collect all of the sweets we were accruing over the holidays.


Our Christmas card displayed on the breakfast bar.


A little tree and some more mercury glass votives for the table.

Stay tuned for my second holiday decor post, Home For The Holidays: Emerson's Nursery 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment