Sunday, October 6, 2013

Our 5th Wedding Anniversary!

This weekend Derek and I celebrated FIVE years of marriage! 5 years of holy matrimony, 4 adventurous moves for Derek's work projects, 3 little words every time I need to hear them, 2 beautiful bouncing baby boys and 1 lifetime of unmeasurable happiness.
 
 
Derek is the love of my life in every way. He is such a kind heart and a gentle soul and I am so lucky to have him by my side on the ride through life.



 
His thoughtfulness and generosity never ceases to amaze me. On Friday Derek had 30 gorgeous red roses delivered with a sweet sentiment that I will keep tucked away in our wedding album forever. So sweet.

 
 
When Derek got home from work we went to dinner at Cavalli's and celebrated our anniversary in the best way possible, as a family!
 
 
After we got home we put Emerson into his jammies, read him his story and put him to bed so we could settle in on the couch for a movie and some cuddles. As far as I knew my mom would be coming over Saturday to watch Emerson while we went furniture shopping for a new bedroom set and then went out to dinner on our own.


But much to my surprise after furniture shopping I was whisked away for an evening sans baby at The Westin. Our suite was lovely and after confirming my makeup bag and outfit I was wanting to wear to dinner were packed, I was a happy wife!


We enjoyed putting on some cozy terry robes, ordering room service and just relaxing. It may not sound that exciting, but lounging in bed and just spending quiet quality time together was the best gift Derek could have given me. It was so nice to have an evening all to ourselves.

 
Later in the evening we went to The Shops at Legacy and Derek enjoyed a few beers at one of his favorite pubs and then we made a stop at Kendra Scott and picked up some lovely little trinkets. 

 
Then we had dinner at Nicolas. It was delicious including the sweet dessert that was complimentary in celebration of our anniversary. Yummy!
 

This morning we had breakfast at the hotel and then it was back to reality! A day of grocery shopping and gardening with my favorite guys, the perfect end cap to our fabulous fifth anniversary weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment