Monday, May 14, 2012

My First Mother's Day

We spent my first Mother's Day in Austin, Texas at Derek's Granny's house. She was so delighted to meet her third great grandchild and we were excited to share him with her for such a special weekend.


As previously mentioned, for my mother's day gift Derek put together an album of Emerson's birth story. He shared it with Granny after church while we waited to be seated for brunch. She really enjoyed it as she was unable to make it to Dallas for the birth.


We decided to have brunch at The Moonshine in Austin because it holds such a special place in our hearts. It's there where Derek and I had our rehearsal dinner and welcome party the night before we got married! Here are all of the mama's on our special day!


And the guys looked pretty dapper as well!


In addition to the sweet album Derek had made, he also got me a gift certificate to my favorite spa in Austin, Milk & Honey! I can't wait until we go back to visit so I can use it for some much deserved mommy time!


Even Baby E was excited by all of the hustle and bustle at the busy brunch service!


After some visiting after our meal we headed back to Dallas. It's funny all of the things required when traveling with the baby, how someone so small could need so much stuff!



The trunk was completely loaded down and we only stayed for one night! But it was a wonderful time that I will cherish always.