Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite (pregnancy) Things

As my pregnancy nears it's end (fingers crossed), I thought I would share with you a collection of things that have made the past nine months one of the best times of my life. I honestly could not have got through this journey without these must have items and I hope that by documenting them I will remember what was essential for when baby number 2 comes around! After the first month of morning sickness, I have had a relatively easy pregnancy. Up until these last few weeks, I have felt pretty amazing about my growing bump and I think I owe it to these goodies, so here goes!
What To Expect While Your Expecting - This has been a go to guide for many woman for many years for a reason. For me, it helped to answer all of the questions I had that were too important to trust to Google. 
Burt's Bees Mama Bee Oil & Belly Butter - After trying Palmer's cocoa butter and almost gagging over the smell, I was gifted the Mama Bee Oil & Belly Butter by a friend who swore by the stuff. Now I will not lie and say that I don't have a single stretch mark, but I believe that the moisture provided by these products has helped my skin to stretch without causing any irreversible damage. I put the oil on immediately after showering while I'm still wet and the belly butter on throughout the day as needed. And it smells incredible!
VitaFusion Prenatal Gummies - If you have ever tried to choke down a prenatal vitamin, then you will see the genius in these gummies. They are sweet like candy and provide all of the same nutritional content as the traditional prenatal horse pills. Enough said!
Luigi's Italian Ice - I wasn't pregnant during the summer months, however I could not live without the refreshing taste of this frozen ice. During my pregnancy these have been my go to snack when I'm craving something sweet and tart.
Sparkling Water in Bottles - The perfect alternative to all of the other things you can't drink while pregnant! Something pretty and fizzy to sip on while others around you are having alcoholic beverages.
Neutrogena Makeup Cleansing Wipes - Let's face it, being preggo is exhausting and frankly... sometimes the thought of washing my face at the end of a long day seems daunting. After I brush my teeth and before I fall into bed, I simply give my face the once over with one of these cleansing wipes and I feel fresh as a daisy. So much for beauty sleep, eh?
Old Navy Maternity Yoga Pants - Love these inexpensive yet oh-so-comfy yoga pants. I literally wear these all the time and everywhere I go. These days the thought of having to wear real pants makes me feel ill!
The Snoogle Pregnancy Pillow - When I'm no longer pregnant I'm going to miss having an excuse to sleep with this incredible pillow. It supports me in all of the right places and was likely one of the best pregnancy gifts Derek ever got me!!

Other things that helped me through were an amazing bra (for obvious reasons), going to bed early, drinking a ton of water and weekly prenatal yoga classes. I'm so glad that this experience has turned out to be so amazing! I can't wait until Baby E is here soon!