Tuesday, August 20, 2013

WDW Packing & Prep

I am so so so excited to announce that my mother (Granna), Emerson and I will be taking a little trip to Walt Disney World! We are leaving on Friday so it will be a whirlwind big brother celebration all about Emerson! I am just so proud of how he has handled my pregnancy and I am fully confident he is going to make the sweetest big bro!
 
 
Since there are only a handleful of sleeps left until we head to WDW, I thought I'd give a little sneak peak of one of the outfits I had made up for my sweet Emerson! Getting excited? I know I am!! When beginning my preparations for our Disney World vacation I knew that being 21 weeks pregnant and having a toddler in tow was going to be a lot to take on. None the less I wanted to make it the most magical experience possible. Pinterest and Disney mom blogs were great resources in addition to my God-sister who is a concierge at a Disney World resort and our hostess for our trip. I think for a first timer, I've done pretty well with my packing and prep. So excited to see if my planning pays off when we arrive in Orlando!
 
I decided to layout and catagorize Emerson's things prior to packing them so I could insure I was covering all of the basic Disney essentials. In the top left corner are the contents of his departing flight goodie bag, all contents from The Dollar Tree. In the top right corner are the contents of his returning flight goodie bag. My mom is a 30 year + airline employee and I began flying very young. One thing I do remember her doing for my brother and I from a very young age was preparing little goodies for us to open on our flights. It was always a surprise, always exciting and always kept us occupied and quiet (smart lady!).
 
 
In the bottom left hand corner you will notice 5 gallon ziploc bags and a toiletry bag. Three of the bags contain a daily outfit with shoes and accessories included, one bag contains pajamas and socks and the fifth bag hosts a pair of swim trunks, water shoes and swim diapers. The contents of each of the bags are clearly labeled and my hopes are that if Granna or my God-sister or God-mother want to lend a hand in getting Emerson ready in the mornings, what he is supposed to wear for the day will be right at their finger tips. In addition, if anything gets soiled its not loose in my bag with the clean clothes. In the bottom right corner are our park essentials. These items were accumulated after reading a few blogs on what fellow moms recommended you buy ahead and bring into the park with you. We got a Classic Disney Storybook and Sharpee pens to have the characters sign instead of a traditional autograph book. This suggestion was my God-sisters and I love it because anytime we read these stories, Emerson will be able to enjoy those special signatures. Glow sticks, wands and necklaces were highly recommended to purchase prior to hitting the park, so I picked up a fun selection I'm sure we will enjoy. Our SnoozeShade to cover our stroller from those infamous Orlando mid day showers and sweltering sun. Lastly, a battery operated misting fan to keep semi-cool (we're hoping for the best).
 
I couldn't be more excited to share this special experience with my mom and God-family. It's truly a dream come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment