Friday, March 8, 2013

A tisket, a tasket, what's in your Easter basket?

 (Emerson's first Easter, look how little!!)

A fun part of the Easter holiday is filling an Easter basket for your little one and watching them light up when they discover some bunny has made a special delivery just for them. Emerson is still a bit too young to really "get" the whole concept, but that doesn't deter me from picking out a few cute spring inspired goodies for my baby's basket.


Last year, I was preparing for childbirth and an Easter basket was honestly the furthest thing from my mind. Luckily my mother in law had it completely covered. She bought the sweetest basket from Pottery Barn and picked out a cute cuddly bunny and had everything ready come Easter morning. I seriously didn't lift a finger and being days out of the hospital, I was beyond grateful!


This year I planned a bit better and purchased most of Emerson's Easter gifts while doing his birthday shopping. Taking my time and shopping ahead allowed me to get a few special items I think he will really love. Amidst my shopping excursions I came across some festive finds that I just had to share with you, so here are my Easter favorites for the kiddos!

easter favorites for kids

1. Salted caramel Easter popcorn - My little bunny can't quite munch on this yet, but I figure this home made treat would be a welcome alternative to all of those processed candies available at the big box stores any day. I'd make up a big batch and scoop single servings into cello bags and tie them off with a bright piece of ribbon, that way there's enough for the whole family to have their own bag of post-egg hunt munchies!
2. Bin There Designs Easter sippy cups - Personalized and oh so cute for the toddler on the go!
3. Jellycat's Bashful Lamb - This lamb is by far the softest stuffed animal I have ever touched in my entire life. I can't wait for Emerson to open his on Easter Sunday and have a feeling this is going to be a forever favorite.
4. For the sweet little spring newborns, a bunny beanie and a beautiful bonnet. Obviously I have a special place in my heart for spring babies and I think either these two toppers would make beautiful keepsakes for baby's first Easter. 

A tisket, a tasket... I'd love to know what will be in your little jelly bean's basket!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome suggestions!! I LOVE the cups! I ordered some for the boys last Christmas and made them some personalized sippys-- I need to make more & Easter would be the perfect time!!

    ReplyDelete